Are people actually reading my blog?
I've got well over a thousand views and I know they're not all from me or Jordan. Baileigh occasionally reads it, I think. That's still only three people. Well, Katy follows it. So maybe she reads it too? All the others who follow my blog don't ever say anything to me about it so I assume they're not really reading it either.
Also... I was checking my stats and I got a hit from someone in Germany. Since when have Germans been interested in me? Maybe someone was searching for David Hasselhoff and they misspelled... it... as Alan Cheney...?
There is literally no reason why I should have gotten upwards of 20 views just yesterday. 20 separate people cannot be reading this crap. Even if some of them logged in to read it multiple times from different IP addresses, that would still mean at least 10 different people read what I posted yesterday. Or something. I really have no idea how this works.
I'll tell you what though, I've been thinking about starting a webcomic. Or something. I've discovered that if you advertise other web comics or online stores like Amazon on your blog and people click those links and buy something, the site they bought from sees that they came from a link on your blog and then they pay you a percentage of the money that was just spent. Apparently a lot of people know this. That's why Jeph Jaques has so many advertisements on his Questionable Content webcomic page. He's making bank by selling his own merch and advertising other groups merchandise as well. There's a lot of money to be made doing something like that. Too bad I can't draw.
Writing sucks. So many times I hear artists say, "Man, I wish I could write like you. That's an amazing talent." They have no idea. No one is going to spend $20 on a well written paragraph at a comicon. Forget that a well written paragraph could take as long as a month to get right, no one would want to buy it unless it was a full size book which could take years to produce and most likely will not get published. However, fanboys and girls will open a friggin' vein and bleed gold for a half-assed cartoon of their two favorite characters from a manga or a comic in an awkwardly sexual situation. Writers can't earn to save their lives. Artists can spend a week in focus on a particular painting and sell it for $200 bucks. If I could earn $200 bucks a week writing, I'd wouldn't be driving a car with a dented front bumper. So you know what artists? Just... shut up. Nyah.
No comments:
Post a Comment