Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another slow morning.

I don't have class until 2:00. At Covenant, I would have probably stayed in bed all day except for brief forays into the Great Hall for food. I would have watched cheesy anime or episodes of Castle and Lie to Me for hours. I would have eaten lots of Cheezits.

However, since I'm not at Covenant and I'm in St. Augustine, Florida attending class at Flagler College for a year, I'm sitting on my little brother's bed thinking of anything to do.

It's weird not have my friends around. I miss them so. And I simply cannot stand the majority of students at Flagler. (I promise you Gabe if you keep interrupting class with your stupid attempts at informing everyone in the room that you and the professor are, like, so close you're, like, friends or something, I'm going to strangle you. If, of course, Professor Young doesn't do it first. He really doesn't like you Gabe. Get over it.)

I'm done with homework... for the most part. Got a paper due next week. Nothing that needs to be stressed about right this instant.

I've played Test Drive Unlimited 2 enough to be sick and tired of the crappy physics engine. Nevertheless I will inevitably be drawn into slinging my back-heavy Audi sports car around corners again in about an hour or so. That game is deeply flawed and yet so absorbingly entertaining. I spent four hours straight searching the islands for wrecked cars so I could refurbish them and make them drivable again. A Jaguar race car, a Shelby Daytona race car, a '64 Beetle, a classic Citröen 2 CV, a dune buggy, and an AC Cobra. Now any car nut can tell you what at least four of these cars look like. And anyone, upon seeing any of these cars, would probably want to drive it. The game is so full of just amazing vehicles you can't help but want to collect them all. An Arial Atom? For 50K? Yeah. I'll take it.

Still, I wish the game designers had smoothed the roads out so I wouldn't bottom out every single time I pass over the tiniest of bumps in an SUV.

I'm going to be writing my final paper for history class on Kristallnacht. The first step in writing the paper is completed. I know how to spell Kristallnacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment