I'm afraid this blog post has been brought on solely by my own boredom. Not a boredom I can blame on external circumstances, either. I completely chose this particular state of ennui myself through ignorance and bad planning. At least the poor girl is letting me listen to music. The silence was killing me.
I'm stuck proctoring an exam. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to proctor. I'm not even sure I'd know how to, assuming I was faced with a situation in which it was required to proctor. I feel like I'd be a terrible proctorer... person.
I let the girl who's taking her exam sit in my workspace, since that's got the most empty desk space for her to spread out and take her exam. She brought a graphing calculator. I assumed she would need plenty of space. I went and sat at my mother's desk and began to work on renaming files on my laptop with the intention of using my mother's computer to dump them into the drive where they belong, but I can't. Mom detached the laptop that runs her work station. I can't do anything. I'm stuck.
So, with nothing to do until this poor girl is done with her exam, I find myself wasting time typing this out because it's one of the few things I can do without disrupting her. Ergh.
Of course, disrupting her is actually something I'm trying to do now. As soon as I got her ok to play music I've been playing random, eclectic selections from my iTunes in an attempt to surprise or disgust her. If she doesn't react soon, I'm going to play the Power Rangers theme song.
Curses. Mother has returned. Looks like the Power Rangers won't get their glorious moment. Oh well. She probably wouldn't have reacted anyway. I think there's smoke coming from her calculator.
No comments:
Post a Comment