Monday, October 4, 2010

Two Bodies, One Flesh

What is this?
This powerful compression that urges me toward you?
I am helpless,
satellite,
strung by heavy chains to your [heavenly] body.
To chain,
to bind,
to be kind.
For no other bondage has been so desired.
And oh! To plummet!
To cannonball into your arms; a meteorite!
To crater your breast and bury myself where your heart beats strongest.
To become forever a part of you,
newly bound by ties of flesh, sinew, and bone.
The pressure increases daily,
urging my fall from frozen orbit to molten core,
to swim where I crave to,
to dance as part of the life I so admire.
Oh beautiful one! Oh heavenly body!
Pull me to you I plead!
Cover me in the richness of your earth, the depths of your oceans,
and I will count myself blessed,
forever your shooting star.

No comments:

Post a Comment